Elizabeth Fox Butler
Hi, I’m Dr. Elizabeth Fox Butler. I’m a licensed clinical health psychologist, but you might also call me a mind mender, a sensitive person whisperer, or a professional intuitive. I’m an HSP, a parent, and an introvert who learned self-acceptance and energy management through my own healing process.
I received my PsyD, which stands for “doctor of psychology,” from the American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University. A PsyD is similar to a PhD; the main difference is my degree focused on spending many hours working directly with clients from the 2nd through the 6th year of my graduate education. Stereotypically, PhD programs tend to be more research- and lab-based. Rather than doing research myself, I’m into consuming current research and applying it in everyday scenarios to help you!
WHO I SEE
I can help you if you’re ready for change but you don’t know where to start. If you long to feel accepted but feel lost when you try to express your thoughts. If you want to stop hurting but aren’t sure how to comfort yourself.
I help highly sensitive and introverted partners, adults, teens, and parents
- Repair your relationships via improved communication and listening skills
- Embrace your strengths and flaws to reduce inner conflict
- Learn to manage your day-to-day energy levels
- Cope with stress without feeling deprived
- Find and use social support
- Minimize, redirect, and soothe anxiety
- Channel your sensitivity and use it for good
- Modify your environment so you can thrive and enjoy the little things
- Fine-tune and follow your intuition
- Structure time to fuel your energy
I know from my own growth and helping hundreds of sensitive and introverted clients that you, too, are capable of facing your fears, healing your pain, and living a full life. Change happens through subtle and steady action, which adds up to significant results. Click here for more information about my approach.
Some of my most recent training experiences include:
- Treatment Trauma with ACT: Revitalizing Interrupted Lives
- Community-Based Neuroprotective Developmental Care for Mothers & Babies
- It Takes a Village: Creating Conditions of Acceptance for Gender Nonconforming Children and Youth
- DBT Skills Training – A Complete Course
- Affairs to Remember: A Contemporary Psychoanalytic Approach to Couples Therapy
- What’s Your Gender? A Gender Affirmative Model for Working with Children and Youth
- Foundations of Exposure Therapy – A Complete Course
- Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality: A Suicide-Specific Clinical Intervention within Contemporary Health Care
Click here for a complete list.